It’s that time of the year again folks! It’s the time when rumours are ripe and the grapevine is buzzing because tech giant Apple will soon be coming out with number 6!
Yes, the iPhone 6 will debut pretty darn soon and Mac obsessives are readying their credit cards to grab it upon its first day of release.
Those who have been following every new iPhone each year will know that there’s always an S model released before the actual number phone. Hence, it’s no surprise that we all got treated to the iPhone 5S and 5C. The good thing though is that it also means that this upcoming number phone is seriously upping the ante thanks to serious competition like the forthcoming Samsung Galaxy S5.
What’s in the Bag?
Well, none of us know for sure – yet. But there are some things to expect like for instance; Apple lovers should definitely expect to receive some major changes. This isn’t just about what’s under the hood but it seems there’s going to be a huge redesign as well.
Talks of a release date come in as early as June 2014 and as late as September 2014.
Form and Function – No Home Button?
The upcoming iPhone is said to feature a 4.7-inch screen along with a huge Retina plus IGZO display. One noticeable difference however is that a home button will be nowhere in sight.
Here are some rumoured specs that this new shiny beauty will have:
- 1080p Full HD resolution
- Two handset sizes (for folks who like it small or big)
- Possible 4.7- inch display (take this with a grain of salt though)
- Possible wraparound flexible screen (although it’s quite possible this likely won’t come out until iPhone 7 or iPhone 8)
- Maybe a 128GB iPhone 6 (yes, this could be possible)
- iOS 8 on this new iPhone is the talk of the town
- Quad-core A8 or a much better A7 for the processor
- It will retain the 8-megapixel camera unit but add a special system where it can function as a remote for other illuminating devices just like those seen in professional photo studios
- It will use Sapphire crystals
- Feature eye tracking or some sort of motion sensor technology
- Maybe wireless charging
These and so much more are pouring in for the Apple iPhone 6. Which ones will make an appearance on the real thing? Well, that’s something we’re going to have to sit tightly for. However, from the looks of things, there’s definitely plenty of good stuff to look forward to.
Since you can’t sink your teeth into the iPhone 6 just yet, why not grab the next best thing and get a cool customized iPhone case for your Apple gadget? Our designs are ever changing, there’s bound to be something for you over at The Dairy.