GINGERBREAD COOKIES WITH PLUM MARMALADE
(Recipe for about 30 cookies)
December smells of spices and sweets! Gingerbread rules! It's my fav because it can be a snack or a decoration, and you can have it with stuffing and without. Today I'll be showing you the recipe for gingerbread with plum jam.
- 2 cups flour + more for rolling
- ¾ teaspoon instant coffee
- 1,5 spoon dark cocoa
- 2 spoons hot honey
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1,5 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 spoons mix of seasoning spices or: 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon cloves.
- 1 spoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg + 1 beaten egg
- ¼ lightly heated milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- plum marmalade
+ frosting, chocolate glaze, kitchen cutting molds e.g. stars, kitchen syringe.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa and coffee, pour hot honey and mix all. While stirring, add one after the other: sugar, baking soda, spices, butter and egg.
- Add orange peel to milk and gently heat together. Gradually pour warm milk (preferably one teaspoon at a time, we don’t have to use all the liquid) into the mass and knead the dough until it is moderately hard and dense. If it comes too thin, you can sprinkle a little flour. Thoroughly knead for another 10 minutes.
- There are two ways of stuffing - before baking and after.
- on a floured table rool the dough to a thickness of ½ cm. Cut out shapes with selected molds. Spread one half of the dough with a little plum marmalade and cover the second half, pressing the dough around the filling - if the shape will deform, we can cut it again with the mold.
- on a floured table rool the dough to a thickness of 1 cm. Cut out shapes. After baking, press marmalade inside with a syringe or a filler. This way we can put more filling inside.
Put gingerbreads on a baking tray lined with baking paper at intervals of 2-3cm. Spread with beaten egg.
- Bake in oven preheated to 180 ° C for about 7-10 minutes (gingerbread without filling) and about 10-13 minutes (gingerbread with filling).
- Decorate with: frosting, chocolate icing, etc. Ready brownies are perfect for the role of decoration of Christmas tree!